Japanese musician Miho Hatori is the co-founder of the beloved Cibo Matto and a collaborative partner of Gorillaz, The Beastie Boys, John Zorn, and more.
You can learn more about her at her website.
1. What’s been keeping you up at night?
Inspiring friends or YouTube.
2. What’s the coolest thing you’ve seen or heard lately?
Exploring in Bonaire Island. I am very interested in culture and nature of the Caribbean, the nature both on the land and in the ocean was totally unique and fascinating. I heard Portuguese-based creole language called the Papiamento there for first time in my life too.
3. What’s the most exciting thing you’re working on right now?
I have 2 releases coming up. Both are my new projects! So psyched about this:
One is New Optimism, I’m releasing a debut EP on 7/27 from the label Phantom Limb (digitally, worldwide).
The other is Miss Information, it will be in September from the art center called Pioneer Works in Brooklyn, NY.
4. If you could add anyone, alive or dead to your team, who would it be?
Virgil Abloh lol
5. When the movie of your life is made, what will it be called?
“YOU NAME IT”