Jon Langford is a painter and musician living in Chicago, Illinois. You can learn more about his musical output at Bloodshot Records, and his painting work is nicely represented at Yard Dog. Keep an eye on Esthetic Lens for a collection of his paintings, expected to post next week.
1. What’s been keeping you up at night?
I sleep pretty soundly when I have the time or opportunity but often wake up in a cold sweat wondering if today’s the day the fragile institutions of civil society and democracy will finally crumble under the weight of corporate zombie greed.
2. What’s the coolest thing you’ve seen or heard lately?
Cheap Trick at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in Golden Gate Park San Francisco a few weeks ago. Infectious older guy fun!
3. What’s the most exciting thing you’re working on right now?
Just got off a month’s tour with my latest project Jon Langford’s Four Lost Souls with Tawny Newsome, Bethany Thomas and John Szymanski. We recorded with the great Norbert Putnam down in Muscle Shoals about a year ago and its been a wild collaborative roller coaster ride ever since. Planning further soulful adventures for 2018.
4. If you could add anyone, alive or dead to your team, who would it be?
I think Geoffrey Chaucer would make a great tour manager. Dylan Thomas on bongoes? Rosa Luxemburg on drums?…
5. When the movie of your life is made, what will it be called?
A Child’s Christmas in Space